Dream of owning your own home but don't know where to start? Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County's (CAP-HC's) homeownership counseling can help!
HUD*-certified Housing Counselors work with clients to determine homebuyer readiness by reviewing finances, checking your credit report, and creating a budget. Then counselors help clients develop an action plan to achieve their homeownership goals. Whether you are thinking about purchasing a home some day or have already found your dream home, our Housing Counselors are available to answer your questions.
A counselor can help you with the following mortgage readiness steps:
- Review your finances
- Review credit (FREE credit report)
- Make a credit improvement plan if needed
- Explain the mortgage process
- Determine the amount of mortgage you may be eligible for
- Identify mortgage loans and down payment assistance programs you may be eligible for.
- Make referrals to lenders approved for 1st-time homebuyer programs
Schedule your counseling session with a HUD*-certified Housing Counselor today!
*U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. For more information about HUD's housing counseling, click here.
Homebuyer Counseling is open to all Hennepin County residents.