Please note: There are no more Home Stretch Workshops or Homebuyer Counseling sessions for the remainder of 2021. We plan to resume workshops and counseling in 2022, and will update our website accordingly.
CAP-HC's free Homebuyer Counseling empowers clients to accomplish their housing goals and make the right choices in the home-buying process. Counseling also helps clients understand how to be responsible homeowners. HUD Housing Counselors work with clients to determine homebuyer readiness by reviewing finances, checking your credit report, and creating a budget. Then counselors help clients develop an action plan to achieve their homeownership goals.
Knowledge is power. To prepare for your next housing destination, schedule your counseling session with a HUD Housing Counselor today!
Home Stretch Workshops
Not sure if you are ready for homeownership? Need help to be ready? Home Stretch Workshops can help you determine readiness, make a plan to get there, and prepare for homeownership.
Home Stretch Workshops explore the following topics:
- Is homeownership an option?
- Cost of renting versus the cost of owning
- Loan qualifications
- Is debt a factor?
- Money needed for closing costs
- Overcoming credit debt, income or savings barriers
- Mortgage application process
- How to shop for a home
- Home inspections
- Documents involved in closing.
If you have questions about CAP-HC's Home Stretch Workshops or registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Stretch meets or exceeds the standards for the following agencies and programs:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- NSP Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
- LIFT Program
- Federal Housing Administration
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie MAC