Not sure if you are ready for homeownership? Need help to be ready? Homestretch Workshops can help you determine readiness, help you make a plan to get there, and prepare you for homeownership.
Homestretch Workshops explore the following topics:
- Is homeownership an option?
- Cost of renting versus the cost of owning
- Loan qualifications
- Is debt a factor?
- Money needed for closing costs
- Overcoming credit debt, income or savings barriers
- Mortgage application process
- How to shop for a home
- Home inspections
- Documents involved in closing.
If you have questions about CAP-HC's Homestretch Workshops or registration, please contact email@example.com.
CAP-HC also offers free homebuyer consultations. Learn more and schedule your Homebuyer Consultation.
Upcoming Homestretch Workshops
Wednesday, May 12 & Thursday, May 13 | 5pm to 9:30pm
Saturday, May 22 & Sunday, May 23 | 9am to 1:30pm
Wednesday, June 2 & Thursday, June 3 | 5-9:30pm
Wednesday, June 16 & Thursday, June 17 | 5-9:30pm
Saturday, July 10 | 9am-5:30pm
Saturday, July 31 | 9am-5:30pm
Homestretch meets or exceeds the standards for the following agencies and programs:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- NSP Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
- LIFT Program
- Federal Housing Administration
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie MAC