Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County's (CAP-HC's) Homebuyer Services are HUD* approved.
FREE | CAP-HC's Homebuyer Counseling empowers clients to accomplish their housing goals and make the choices that are best for them in the home-buying process. Counseling also helps clients understand how to be responsible homeowners. HUD*-certified Housing Counselors work with clients to determine homebuyer readiness by reviewing finances, checking your credit report, and creating a budget. Then counselors help clients develop an action plan to achieve their homeownership goals.
*U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. For more information about HUD's housing counseling, click here.
Not sure if you are ready for homeownership? Need help to be ready? Home Stretch Workshops can help you determine readiness, make a plan to get there, and prepare for homeownership.
Home Stretch Workshops were developed by Minnesota Homeownership Center to be used in connection with homebuyer education services. These workshops explore the following topics, and more:
- The cost of renting versus owning
- Overcoming credit debt, income, or savings barriers
- Mortgage application process
- How to shop for a home
- The closing process
- CAP-HC's Home Stretch Workshops are open to the public.
- Advanced registration is required.
- Workshops are $40. In June, workshops are FREE in recognition of Homeownership Month.
Whether it's a 1- or 2-day workshop, the same information is covered – register for the workshop that best fits your schedule! Currently, workshops are offered virtually via Teams. Don't have a Teams account? Click here for information about how to join a Teams meeting without an account, click here.
If you have questions about CAP-HC's Home Stretch Workshops or registration, please contact email@example.com.
Wednesday and Thursday, August 17-18 | 5-9pm both days
Saturday, August 27 | 9am-5pm
Home Stretch meets or exceeds the standards for the following agencies and programs:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- NSP Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
- LIFT Program
- Federal Housing Administration
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie MAC