CAP-HC Navigators provide In-person assistance with MNSure applications
Uninsured? Underinsured? Have questions about health insurance, or the Affordable Care Act? CAP-HC's Navigators offer in-person MNsure application assistance to determine eligibility for Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care, Tax Credits, and Qualified Health Care Plans.
Low- or no-cost coverage is available through Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare for those who qualify. Enrollment in these programs is open year-round and provides comprehensive coverage.
Members of a federally recognized American Indian tribe can also sign up any time year-round.
For more information or to make an appointment, email us at CAPHCMNsure@caphennepin.org
To receive assistance, please bring the following at the appointment:
- Social Security Number for each person applying
- Date of birth for everyone in the household
- Driver's license, Tribal ID and/or other ID
- For non-citizens, green card or other immigration documents
- Most recent year’s tax forms (1040EZ or page 1 of 1040)
- Two of your most recent pay stubs
- Documents for other sources of income
- If you have an existing MNsure account, bring your username and password
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying (request this from employer)
Do you have questions about Medicare?
Please visit bluecrossmn.com/medicaremeeting or call 1-877-430-2227, TTY 711, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm to attend a Medicare workshop to understand options that are available to you.