MNsure Application Assistance
Uninsured? Underinsured? Have questions about health insurance, or the Affordable Care Act? Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County's (CAP-HC's) Navigators offer in-person MNsure application assistance to determine eligibility for Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care, Tax Credits, and Qualified Health Care Plans.
Low- or no-cost coverage is available through Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare for those who qualify. Enrollment in these programs is open year-round and provides comprehensive coverage.
Members of a federally recognized American Indian tribe can also sign up any time throughout the year.
Visit the MNsure website.
To be eligible for CAP-HC's MNsure Application Assistance, applicants must:
- Live in Hennepin County.
- Be uninsured or underinsured.
To apply for CAP-HC’s MNsure Application Assistance Program:
- Complete an application packet.
- A CAP-HC staff member will contact you to make an appointment
- Bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- Social Security Number for each person applying
- Date of birth for everyone in the household
- Driver's license, Tribal ID, and/or other ID
- Most recent year’s tax forms (Form 1040EZ or first page of Form 1040)
- Two of your most recent pay stubs
- Documents for other sources of income
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying (you may need to request this from your employer)
- For U.S. non-citizens, a green card or other immigration documents
- If you have an existing MNsure account, bring your username and password
Submit your completed application in one of the following ways:
- Email: CAPHCMNsure@caphennepin.org
- Mail: CAP-HC MNsure Application Assistance
7101 Northland Circle N, Suite 123
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- In person: drop off your application and additional documentation at one of CAP-HC's offices. Visit our Locations page for addresses and hours.
We will review your application materials and follow up with you for next steps.
If you have any questions about MNsure Application Assistance, please email us at CAPHCMNsure@caphennepin.org.
Do you have questions about Medicare? Please visit bluecrossmn.com/medicaremeeting or call 1-877-430-2227, TTY 711, 8am-8pm to attend a Medicare workshop to understand options that are available to you.