Vehicle Repair Program
CAP-HC's Vehicle Repair Program focuses on assisting residents of Hennepin County in overcoming transportation barriers. The program addresses the high cost of vehicle repairs by providing income-eligible clients (see chart below) with financial assistance toward auto repairs to ensure their vehicle is safe and reliable.
If you have questions about this program, please email us at email@example.com.
To be eligible for the Vehicle Repair Program, applicants must:
- Live in Hennepin County
- Have household income at or below Federal Poverty Income Guidelines - see chart below
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have current insurance.
- Have proof of ownership of the vehicle in need of repair.
To apply for the Vehicle Repair Program:
- Complete an application packet.
- Provide documentation of current income.
- If currently employed, please provide your tax return from last year OR all pay stubs received during the previous month.
- If currently receiving assistance, please provide your benefits award letter OR government letter stating your assistance amount.
- If not currently employed and not receiving assistance, please provide a completed Verification of Zero Income Form.
- Provide proof of your household size (examples: lease, tax return, benefits statement, etc.).
- Provide proof of your Hennepin County address (examples: copy of a bill, bank statement, etc.).
- Provide a copy of your valid driver's license.
- Provide a copy of your insurance card OR proof of current insurance coverage on the vehicle in need of repair.
- Provide a copy of the car title, OR other proof of ownership (examples: tab payment receipt, purchase agreement, etc.).
Please note: Applicants will be served in the order that completed applications and documentation are received.
Submit your completed application and additional documentation by email or in person.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- In person: place your documents in an envelope clearly labeled "Vehicle Repair," then drop the envelope in the drop box at CAP-HC's office (8800 Hwy 7, St. Louis Park, 55426) on the 4th floor.
If you have questions relating to the application process or would like an application packet to be mailed to you, please email us at email@example.com.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Income||Maximum Monthly Income|