Not sure if you are ready for homeownership? Need help to be ready? Home Stretch Workshops can help you determine readiness, make a plan to get there, and prepare for homeownership.
Home Stretch Workshops were developed by Minnesota Homeownership Center to be used in connection with homebuyer education services. These workshops explore the following topics, and more:
- The cost of renting versus owning
- Overcoming credit debt, income, or savings barriers
- Mortgage application process
- How to shop for a home
- The closing process
If you have questions about CAP-HC's Home Stretch Workshops, please contact email@example.com.
- CAP-HC's Home Stretch Workshops are open to the public.
- Advanced registration is required.
- Workshops are $40.
- Fee is waived for income-eligible households. Email us to find out if your household is eligible.
- In June, workshops are FREE in recognition of Homeownership Month.
We are working on the 2023 schedule for workshops and will update the website as dates are confirmed. In the meantime, please feel free to schedule an individual homebuyer counseling session with a HUD*-certified Housing Counselor.
To see all scheduled CAP-HC events and workshops, visit our Events Calendar page.
Home Stretch meets or exceeds the standards for the following agencies and programs:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
- LIFT Program
- Federal Housing Administration
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie MAC