Energy & Water Services
2021-2022 Energy Assistance & Water Assistance
Many Minnesotans spend over 25% of their income on utility bills. Do you need help with your heating, electric, or water bills? Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County (CAP-HC) is here to help!
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) can help you pay your energy and water bills between October 1, 2021 and May 31, 2022. Qualified applicants may receive a grant paid directly to their utility provider to reduce utility expenses.
- Due to COVID-19, our office is currently closed to the public.
- May 31, 2022 was the application deadline for the 2021-2022 Energy Assistance Program (EAP).
- The next program year will begin on Oct. 1, 2022.
If you still need assistance and have not already submitted an EAP application to CAP-HC, please contact one of the following resources:
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) processes applications in the order they are received with the exception of applications from households experiencing a no-heat emergency.
Currently, EAP staff are processing applications received the week of:
April 21, 2022
For the 2021-2022 Season
- The 2021-2022 program year began October 1, 2021.
- The Cold-Weather Rule started on October 1, 2021 and continues through April 30, 2022. Please contact your utility provider for more information.
- Please note the new income limits (effective October 1, 2021) listed in the Frequently Asked Questions section below.
- NEW! Water Crisis Assistance is now available through the Energy Assistance Program for past due, disconnects, and shut offs. Please note: These funds are available for water and waste water portions of the bill only.
Click HERE for additional Energy Assistance information from Minnesota Department of Commerce.
The first step for applying for energy assistance is getting an application form. Applications can be downloaded using the buttons below, or picked up Monday-Thursday, 8am-4pm or Friday 8am-12pm, at our Self-Service Area in St. Louis Park (8800 Highway 7, #403 St. Louis Park, 55426) on the 4th floor.
Crisis Funds for No-Income Households
If you have no income, or your income is lower than your monthly bills, please fill out the Verification of Income and Expenses Form and submit it with your application. Households with any unpaid past due balance (any previously unpaid balance beyond the current month's charges) are eligible to request Crisis Funds to pay their past due and current balance. This allows households to qualify for support without a disconnection notice or disconnection.
Submit your completed application in one of the following ways.
- Mail: CAP-HC Energy Assistance Program
8800 Highway 7, Ste. 403
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 952-697-1313
- In person: place your documents in an envelope clearly labeled "Energy Assistance," then drop the envelope in the drop box at CAP-HC's office (8800 Hwy 7, St. Louis Park, 55426) on the 4th floor.
We will review your application materials and follow up with you for next steps.
If you have any questions about EAP, please email us at email@example.com.
Energy Assistance Program Offices
CAP-HC has several office locations throughout Hennepin County. Visit our Locations page for more information.
Energy-Related Repair Program
The Energy Related Repair (ERR) Program provides emergency repair or replacement of broken/non-functioning heating systems (ex. furnace) for Energy Assistance clients.
To be eligible for assistance with your heating system you must submit an Energy Assistance Application and be approved.
To contact CAP-HC about problems with your heating system, please contact 952-930-3541.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for energy assistance?
Both homeowners and renters may be eligible for assistance. Renters that don't pay their heat may also be eligible for energy assistance.
Do you have to pay the money back?
No. Energy Assistance is given as a grant, not a loan. You do not need to repay it.
What are the income guidelines?
Eligibility for Energy Assistance is calculated by looking at gross income (your income before taxes and other deductions) for a three month period. Your income must be at or below the following guidelines.
|2021-2022 EAP Income Guidelines|
|Family Size||Maximum Three Month Income|
** For household sizes 10 and up, call 952-930-3541**
How can I apply?
An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. The application can be downloaded from the link above or by contacting CAP-HC between 8am-4:30pm, Mon.-Fri. at 952-930-3541.
More answers to frequently asked questions here.
For more information, visit the Minnesota Department of Commerce website at mn.gov/commerce.