Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County (CAP-HC) is offering local transportation assistance to households that have experienced a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once approved, assistance is provided in the form of a gas card, bus card, or rideshare gift card. This assistance is intended to be used for lapses in transportation.
Eligibility and Application Information
To qualify for CAP-HC's Auto Insurance Assistance Program, households must:
- Have experienced a hardship due to COVID-19.
- Have income that is under 200% of the Federal Poverty Line - see income guidelines below.
- Live in Hennepin County.
- Have lapses of local transportation that need to be addressed.
To apply for the Transportation Assistance Program if you have participated in a CAP-HC program within the last 90 days:
- Complete the Transportation Survey – page 2 of the application packet.
- Complete the COVID-19 Hardship Form – page 3 of the application packet.
To apply for the Transportation Assistance Program if you have not participated in a CAP-HC program within the last 90 days:
- Complete the application packet.
- Provide proof of the last 30 days of income for all adult household members.
- Provide proof of household for all members (e.g. medical ID cards, photo ID, tax statement, lease).
Submit your application and additional documentation by email or in person.
- Email to: email@example.com
- In person: place your documents in an envelope clearly labeled "Transportation," then drop the envelope in the drop box at CAP-HC's office (8800 Hwy 7, St. Louis Park, 55426) on the 4th floor
|Eligibility: 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline|