Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County (CAP-HC) is offering local transportation assistance to households that have experienced a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once approved, assistance is provided in the form of a gas card or Metro Transit card. This assistance is intended to be used for lapses in transportation.
To be eligible for the Transportation Assistance Program, households must:
- Live in Hennepin County.
- Have experienced a hardship due to COVID-19.
- Have household income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level Income Guidelines - see chart below.
- Have lapses of local transportation that need to be addressed.
End of Income Eligibility Chart
If you have participated in a CAP-HC program within the last 90 days:
- Complete the Transportation Survey – page 2 of the application packet.
- Complete the COVID-19 Hardship Form – page 3 of the application packet.
If you have not participated in a CAP-HC program within the last 90 days:
- Complete all forms within the application packet.
- Provide proof of the last 30 days of income for all adult household members.
- Provide proof of household for all members (e.g. medical ID cards, photo ID, tax statement, lease).
- Provide proof of Hennepin County address.
Submit your application and additional documentation by email or in person.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: place your documents in an envelope clearly labeled "Transportation," then drop the envelope in the drop box at CAP-HC's office (8800 Hwy 7, St. Louis Park, 55426) on the 4th floor
We will review your application materials and follow up with you for next steps.