If you dream of owning your own home but don't know where to start, Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County's homeownership programs can help! We offer FREE individual appointments to help you determine readiness for homeownership or make a plan to get there. Whether you are thinking about purchasing a home some day or have already found your dream home, our Homeownership Advisors are available to answer your questions.
An advisor can help you with the following mortgage readiness steps:
- Review your finances
- Review credit (FREE credit report)
- Make a credit improvement plan if needed
- Explain the mortgage process
- Determine the amount of mortgage you may be eligible for
- Identify mortgage loans and down payment assistance programs you may be eligible for.
- Make referrals to lenders approved for 1st time homebuyer programs
CAP-HC Homeownership Services are HUD approved.
To schedule a consultation, please submit the form below or call us at 952-697-1420.