Grants for Emergency Rental Assistance
Emergency Rental Assistance helps households maintain housing stability in a time of financial crisis. Understanding the cost burden for many low-income households to maintain housing, when funding is available, CAP-HC offers an Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Households with past due rent or in need of deposit assistance may apply. The availability of rental assistance funding is limited and intended to serve households that are not able to access mainstream resources. Due to limited funding, households are limited to one emergency rental assistance grant, not to exceed 3x the monthly rent amount, every 24 months.
To be eligible applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- 18 years of age or older
- A resident of Hennepin County
- Living at or below 200%-300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Do not have sufficient funds to cover housing costs, including earned income, Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), disability benefits, Unemployment Insurance, stimulus payments, etc.
- Provide a denial letter from Hennepin County or other rental assistance provider
- Provide current lease agreement
- Provide completed CAP-HC Landlord Verification form
- Not exceed the household limit of one grant every 24 months