Auto Insurance Assistance
Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County (CAP-HC) is offering six months ($125 per month limit) of auto insurance assistance to households that have experienced a hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance checks will be mailed directly to the provider beginning the month after your application is approved.
Example: If you are approved for assistance by September 1 and your auto insurance is due on September 15, CAP-HC's first assistance check will be sent to your provider for your October 15 insurance payment.
Eligibility and Application Information
To qualify for CAP-HC's Auto Insurance Assistance Program, households must:
- Have experienced a hardship due to COVID-19.
- Have income that is under 200% of the Federal Poverty Line - see income guidelines below.
- Live in Hennepin County.
- Have difficulty paying your auto insurance bill monthly.
To apply for the Auto Insurance Assistance Program:
- Complete an application packet.
- Provide proof of the last 30 days of income for all adult household members.
- Provide proof of your household size.
- Provide proof of your Hennepin County address.
- Provide your auto insurance policy showing the monthly payment amount and due date.
Submit your application and additional documentation by email or in person.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: place your documents in an envelope clearly labeled "Auto Insurance," then drop the envelope in the drop box at CAP-HC's office (8800 Hwy 7, St. Louis Park, 55426) on the 4th floor
|Eligibility: 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline|